Welcome! We're glad you're interested in joining Riverview. As member-owners of the credit union, we help each other meet financial goals by offering safe, convenient options for everyday banking, a variety of loans at great rates, low fees and sound financial education.
To join, open a Primary Savings with a minimum balance of $10 and a one-time membership fee of $1. At the same time, you may choose from additional accounts like our Checking or Money Market Savings.
What you'll need:
- Unexpired government-issued photo ID (Driver's License, Passport)
- Social security number
- Initial $11 to open account(s)
- Evidence of membership eligibility (Acceptable Documentation)
- Proof of current address (if not on ID)
Who Can Join
Membership is available to all who:
- Live, Work, Worship, or attend School in any of the following counties:
- Ohio: Washington, Noble, Morgan, or Monroe
- West Virginia: Wood, Pleasants, Ritchie, Wirt, or Jackson
- Are an immediate family member of a current member
Membership is available to all Business/Organizations if:
- The business/organization is located or maintains a physical presence within our 9 county field of membership; or
- All of the owners/principals/authorized signers who will be on the membership are current Riverview members in good standing
*Minor Accounts (any person under the age of 18) requires and adult (parent/legal guardian) on the account.
Some Membership Advantages
- Free Kasasa® checking with cash rewards
- Free Visa® debit card
- Full service online banking with bill pay
- Mobile banking (web, app and text)
- Over 65,000 fee-free ATMs
- Access to 5,500 shared branch locations nationwide
Once a Member, Always a Member
Wherever life may take you (from a new career to a new state), you can continue to enjoy the benefits of belonging to Riverview Credit Union. Once you're in...you're in for life!
Select Employer Group (SEG)
As an employer, you try to offer your employees the best benefits possible. At Riverview, we understand how challenging that can be. All your employees are eligible for membership at the credit union — one great benefit you can offer with absolutely no cost to you.
Your employees are eligible for many free or discounted services including:
- Free direct deposit
- Free debit cards
- No-fee ATMs
- Free online banking
- Free audio teller service
- Free notary service
- Variety of loan products
As an added benefit, your employees can receive higher interest rates on savings products and lower rates on loans. Just have them mention your company's name while opening a new CD or loan. Then they will receive 0.25% off our already low loan rates, or 0.10% added to our CD rates. It's that easy!
"Take time to appreciate employees and they will reciprocate in a thousand ways." -Bob Nelson
Exclusive SEG Opportunities
Not only do your employees benefit from your company's SEG relationship with Riverview, but there are several marketing and advertising opportunities available to you as well. First, your company name is always located on our website and SEG flyers, which are placed in the lobby of both offices. Your business could also be featured in our quarterly "SEG Spotlight", giving you added visibility.
Want to showcase your business in our lobby? Set up a table and let Riverview members know about the products or services you can provide to them.
Take advantage of a new advertising opportunity by providing statement stuffers that can go out to nearly 6,000 members. This is a great low-cost way to promote your business to the Washington County area.
For questions or to schedule an appointment, please contact Mike Iaderosa. Our staff is available to visit anytime to answer questions or sign employees up for products and services.
What is a Credit Union?
There are a lot of similarities between credit unions and banks. We offer most of the same products and services, including online account access, bill payment services, and text banking. Your deposits are federally insured up to $250,000 by the NCUA, similar to the FDIC for banks. Despite these commonalities, there are indeed some very meaningful differences.
What is the credit union difference?
- Not-for-profit - We exist to serve our members, not to make profit. Unlike most other financial institutions, we do not issue stock or pay dividends to outside stockholders. Instead, earnings are returned to our members in the form of lower loan rates, higher interest on deposits, and lower fees.
- Taxation - Credit unions are exempt from Federal income and most State taxes but still pay other taxes just like any other financial services company.
- Ownership - At a credit union, you are both a member and an owner. Each credit union member has one vote — regardless of how much money a member has on deposit.
- Volunteer Boards - We are governed by a board of directors who are elected by and from the membership and serve without being compensated.
- Membership Eligibility - Credit unions cannot serve the general public. People qualify for a credit union membership through a common bond, such as an employer or community-based.
- Financial Education for Members - Credit unions assist members to become better- educated consumers of financial services.
- Social Purpose - Credit unions exist to help people, not make a profit. This philosophy drives us to be involved in our community and worthwhile causes.